Time is going way too fast and I need time to slow down a bit. My babies are getting so big so fast and I just want to soak up as much time as I can with them being little. We are going to spend this summer PLAYING school. We are going to play school. That’s what this is all about. Lilly Belle is so far ahead academically that I forget sometimes to just PLAY with her. She’s not 6 until the end of the summer and I want to soak this time up where we have a 5 year old, 2 year old and a newborn sweet little baby.
This summer, we’re going to PLAY!
Each week we are going to do a new unit of Let’s Play School together. I’ve spent so-many-hours creating all of these packs with visions in my mind of getting to have time to actually do all of these activities with my own kids, and this summer – I’m making it happen.
We’re going to PLAY. Each week we will be doing a new unit I have created. We’re going to do a little bit of everything. I went through and chose units that I think my girls specifically will have a blast with and enjoy.
Our Daily Summer Schedule:
- 7:00am Morning Basket and Breakfast
- 8:00am Ready for the Day
- 9:00am Playground or Pool *** On Fridays we will be going to Disney instead during this time. I will take the kids to a resort to swim, play at a Disney park, to Disney Springs or Disney’s Boardwalk. We will come home in time for Lucy’s nap or on some days she may skip nap.
- 10:00am Home for Snack Time
- 10:30am “School Time” – Play and Learn ABCs for Lucy (2.5) / Play and Read Phonics for Lilly Belle (almost 6)
- 12:00pm Lunch and Stories
- 1:00pm Lucy’s Nap / Lilly Belle Math (The Good and The Beautiful) and 15 Minutes Reading
- 3:00pm Snack Time
- 3:30pm “School Time” – Unit Plans
- 5:00pm Dinner Prep
- 6:00pm Dinner, Bath, Stories, Songs and Tuck-In by 7:00/7:30pm
- ***The girls have dance a couple nights a week and Lilly Belle is enrolled in 2 summer camps, so those times will change. We also enjoy going out as a family to Disney at night during the summer. We usually do that 2-3 times/week during the summer.
Weekly Unit Plans:
May 13 – May 17 Let’s Play School Subscription – Bug Unit
May 20 – May 24 My First School Curriculum – The Very Hungry Caterpillar
May 27 – May 31 My First School Curriculum – Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
June 3 – June 7 Let’s Play Pretend (Coffee Shop) and Let’s Play Summer School (2 new cards each day)
June 10 – June 14 Let’s Play School Subscription – Summer Unit
June 17 – June 21 SUMMER CAMP WEEK and Let’s Play Summer School (2 new cards each day)
June 24 – June 28 My First School Curriculum – Tickle Monster
July 1 – July 5 America Unit Study (former Let’s Play School Book Club unit)
July 8 – July 12 Let’s Play School Subscription – Dinosaur Unit
July 15 – July 19 My First School Curriculum – I’m a Dirty Dinosaur
July 22 – July 26 My First School Curriculum – Dear Zoo
July 29 – August 2 FAMILY VACATION
August 5 – First Day of School 2019 / 2020 School Year (3 Year Old Preschool & First Grade)
I will be using Sundays to prep for the upcoming week. I’m pretty excited for all of the fun that is in store! I will be announcing our choices for our 2019-2020 curriculum very soon.